Thursday, June 24, 2010

You join the action three years later...

Today is June 24, 2010. Three years and nine days ago I quit my job and embarked on a rather interesting journey into my mid-life crisis.

Two months and one day ago my mom died.

Today I wrote a final exam that was deferred because mom died during finals. The instructors and the registrar's office were very understanding.

In three days I start an adventurous drive that will take me from Calgary to Toronto and Boston, then back to Vancouver along a meandering route, then home. I'll be gone for 30 days, but still connected to my virtual universe by means of my trusty laptop and internet access in my hotel rooms.

This trip will be a pilgrimage of sorts, as I will finally be able to visit church historical sites. I've been wanting to do this for 20 years. I'm doing it now because mom wanted some of her ashes buried with her parents in Toronto, and the church history trail starts across the lake in Palmyra, New York.

When I get back I will look forward to starting my third year of university, aaaaand I'll be teaching early morning seminary every weekday morning. Brand new seminary teacher in the house! :D

The older I get, the more I realize I've had a pretty remarkable life. If I have time I'll prove it to you! :?) (by the way, that's a new smiley I accidentally invented a couple of days ago. I call it "freckle by nose.")

I am 42 years old and am living an extremely blessed and joyful life in Calgary. These last few years have been the most adventurous, exciting, challenging, and fruitful years ever. I created this blog so those family and friends who are *not* on Facebook (cue Craig Ferguson "I KNOW!" /Craig Ferguson) can follow along with my journey. I just dropped some big bucks on a Nikon DSLR so I'm certainly hoping I'll have some good photos to share here, as well.

TTFN. Have to finish up some stuff for my trip. I'll be back in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment