Friday, November 13, 2015

T minus seven days...

It's been a while since I last posted, but it's almost time for another trip of a lifetime!  In one week I will be in Houston, Texas, finally meeting my online significant other of five years before we take off to Japan for a week of adventure.

We have been planning the trip for two years, saving up and learning the language.  He is much better with Japanese than I am. He thinks we need to take extra money for bail because my so-called humorous attempts to mangle the language will end up with us in jail, hehe.  I dunno, maybe "oki-doki-ru" is actually a word there!

We will be there for 11 days, after we lose two days to travel and at least one there to recover from jet lag.  We will be visiting Tokyo, Kyoto, seeing Mount Fuji as we whiz by on the bullet train (Shinkansen), and perhaps stop in Nara Prefecture so he can pet the tame deer which wander around the grounds of a temple or shrine. We will also be looking for the Kit Kat factory in Tokyo and buying lots of strange flavored chocolate bars there.

It will be a fun trip, for sure! We are both bringing our laptops so we'll be watching movies and playing games on the long haul to the land of the rising sun.

It's been five years since I tried to upload a bunch of photos here, so maybe it works better now. I guess I will find out when I start trying to add them.

Anyhow, we're off in a week so I'll try to update as much as I can while we're there!

1 comment: