Monday, April 16, 2012

Sigh - such a slacker. Time for an update! The bridge. July 1, 2010.

So here it is almost two years since my awesome road trip and I read the post where I said I'd talk more later about some sights I saw. Well, two years later *is* later, so don't hate! :)

The blue bridge at Sarnia...I had a couple of options available to travel from Michigan to Ontario. One was going through Detroit to Windsor, the other was going through Sarnia. I felt that Sarnia was going to be a less busy and perhaps more scenic route, so I chose that one.

By the way, Kalamazoo is really lovely. Just putting that out there. If you're on a road trip through the area and you need a place to rest your head for the night, consider stopping there. The name is funkily awesome and it really is nice.

Somewhere in Michigan there was a sign on the highway that made me laugh. "Prison nearby. Do not pick up hitchhikers!" LOL. They have a lot of faith in their prison security!

The bridge in question is actually called the Bluewater Bridge. Google streetview has a shot from the bridge but it's nothing like what I saw that day. The bridge (connecting Port Huron, Michigan and Point Edward, Ontario) is a very long bridge and goes very high. It was July 1, 2010, and it was a clear, sunny, hot day. Coming up to the top of the arch of the bridge, I looked to my left to see Lake Huron and was blown away by the beautiful rich blue hues of the lake. There was a sailboat skimming along that looked so small from way high up on that bridge. The lake is so vast that I could see nothing beyond the curvature of the earth, just nothing but the various shades of blue almost glowing in the bright sun. It was a spectacular sight. I wish I could have stopped to take a picture. At least I'll always have that image in my head. Beautiful blue waters on a bright summer day. Stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment