Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Destination Day 11 - Boston, Massachusetts

Okay, it's been a week since I've had internet access. I don't want to go through that again!

I got into Toronto right on time last Thursday, picked up my brothers at the airport Friday, had the memorial service for mom on Saturday, spent Sunday with a friend, took brothers to airport Monday and had dinner and saw Toy Story 3 with a cousin, went to the Toronto temple last evening, and finally hit the road again today. The drive to Boston was just beautiful. Had no idea it was so hilly around here. The car's external thermometer registered 37°C somewhere in New York, but thankfully it's cooled down to a chilly 31°C with almost 100% humidity, or at least it feels like it to me.

I've been on the go for 13 hours now, just about 12 behind the wheel. I made lots of stops so it went a little longer than I expected. Tomorrow I tour Boston and do a harbor cruise, and if the humidity doesn't kill me I may do a session at the Boston temple in the evening.

It was great to be back on the road again. Today I listened to talks from April's General Conference and more John Bytheway reruns. Kept my mind busy!

I will have to write more later when I have more time. Right now I want to have a cold shower and never sweat again.

Hilights I promise I'll cover:
1. the view from the Blue Bridge at Sarnia
2. the day of mom's memorial
3. my evening out with my cousin
4. today's drive - the Thousand Islands, Lake Oneida, the Hudson River, the Appalachians.

No comments:

Post a Comment